Thursday, January 16, 2014

Age and dresses

Recently I've struck up a lot of conversations with middle aged women about their wedding dresses. The answers have ranged so much that I found it quite interesting. The women that I spoke with that had multiple weddings found their first marriage to have the fancier dress. Now I'm talking full white, lace, puffy sleeved wedding wonder. Their second marriage was much simpler and not as big of a fanfare.

I am under the firm belief that anyone can have a big, white dress if that's what they want no matter their age or amount of marriages. There's so many styles out there that it's not just the 20 or 30 somethings that get the experience. I've known some older brides that choose a special occasion dress in white, ivory or champagne. Some go full princess bride because that's what they never had. To them I say go for it. If that's what you want, it's what you want and no consultant or family member should try and change that. It's your new spouse and your day. Not theirs. It's ok to break the "white is innocent and only for your first marriage" rule. It shouldn't even be a rule anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment